Friday, October 27, 2006

I Kill Kittens


I killed many kittens

When was the last time you bought an original music CD? What if God does kill a kitten every time you download music; would you still do it? I think most people would still do. It's like that one story I remember from somewhere in which the character is granted one wish with the catch that some random person somewhere will die in exchange. Just the same, we consume and pollute with the knowledge that the future generations will pay.


I bought two CDs last week - The Open Door by Evanescence and Shine On by Jet. Both are sophomore efforts by the respective bands. I've already downloaded both albums, and decided that they are worth buying. Well, I made the decision just about as soon as I heard they were coming out, really.


The recording industry hates it that people share music online, but the people who download and share are also the same people who buy most of the CDs. We download to sample the materials before buying the CDs if we decide them worth buying; though there are bands like Bon Jovi and U2, whose CDs I pre-order even before they are released.

I really shouldn't be buying any more CDs, as I don't have the time to actually listen to them.

So, how many kittens have you killed?

__________
PS: Love the T-shirt!

PPS: Both IE7 and Firefox 2 are out. I have downloaded and installed them both, and still find the same problem with IE. Firefox rules!

2 comments: