Somehow I’m not at all too excited about the coming Raya. In fact, I never find Raya exciting, even as a child. After a month of fasting, we will go around visiting one another and get fat(ter). Well, Malaysians take Ramadan as a month-long food fest anyway, so Raya is just the culmination of it, in a way. It is just sad that we need celebrations like Raya as an excuse to visit friends and relatives; the rest of the year we are too busy with work.
But that’s the whole point, isn’t it? I guess that is really the reason I hate Raya, for it reminds me that we need to find an excuse to take time off to see each other – Raya, weddings, funerals, etc. So within the space of a week or so we squeeze in all the celebrating and visiting that the whole Raya experience becomes exhausting that most of us would find ourselves relieved when it is over.
By the way, right after is exam week, which means marking a bunch of exam scripts afterwards. If students hate exams, lecturers hate exams even more.

Heroes: Cheerleader chick may be related to Wolverine (Dean Hendler/NBC Universal Photo)
Yes, I’m a geek, and I don’t have a life. And the above are not in Malaysian television (sucks!). Thank God for the Internet, and P2P.
Hey, didn't know you watch Ghost Whisperer too. The first season cliffhanger was great, but Andrea is really gone? Hello, what was the producer thinking? :-) Aisha Tyler is the main reason I watch that show. Now, not anymore... LOL.
ReplyDelete"Aisha Tyler is the main reason I watch that show."
ReplyDeleteYeah, right. I agree that it's terrible that they killed her character, but it made a good season ending, though. Nice twice at the end.
kau kena tengok gerak khas, sembilu kasih, dilemma wanita & cerekarama banyak sikit bro. baru kau suka malaysian tv show.
ReplyDelete(LOLOLOLOLOL!)
At least i found another person who is not so 'into' raya. I feel the same way. macam malas and dah takde rasa. and I don't enjoy weddings too.
ReplyDeleteI'll be more excited to watch ghost whisperer season 2 rather than pergi rumah orang bermaaf maafan. what's wrong with me? ish ish ish.
It should've been 'twist' instead of 'twice' above.
ReplyDeletePopeye kau tengok la Gerak Khas, Sembilu Kasih dan lain-lain tu jadi wakil kitorang menyokong industri tempatan.
Iz, I honestly can't see how anyone (save the bride and groom, perhaps) can enjoy a wedding.
LOL... kalau I kahwin nanti, I will letak ad satu page dalam paper sudah [buat pemberitahuan, isn't that the purpose of kenduri anyway? ;-)]. Tak payah nak kenduri-kendara, kan senang :-) Apa macam?
ReplyDeleteNi kahwin kat Vegas ke, balik buat ad kat paper?
ReplyDeleteJgn salah masuk ad sudah la... obituary...
ReplyDeletepegi kenduri sedara mmg xbest, tapi to see our friends wedding are quite interesting what..! some how remind us what next in our life..