The most interesting thing I read in the newspapers today is about this Indonesian black magic practitioner by the name Ki Gendeng Pamungkas casting a hex on George W Bush.
Firstly, I strongly believe that no matter how one feel about someone else, casting a hex or a spell – if you believe in such things, anyway – is right. Even if they actually do work, it is like paying some thugs to hurt or kill your enemy, which is in the least cowardly.
In this region at least, most people believe in black magic and supernatural powers. Despite all the advances in medical science people, even highly educated professionals, still visit shamans, witch-doctors, spiritual healers etc for treatment. Others also go to these practitioners for help with their businesses, studies, love, and sometimes, to cast a hex on their enemies.
So, I have been wondering forever why anybody hasn’t cast a spell on not-so-popular figures like Bush.
Some say that such spells don’t work over long distances – something to do with the demons that actually do the dirty work not being able to cross bodies of water like oceans. Others say that possibly, these people are protected by some form of black magic themselves.
Then, this guy Pamungkas says that “Indonesian black magic does not work on foreigners”. Aha, so that’s why! So, he deploys a Haitian-style voodoo (which work on foreigners?) hex on Bush. I guess Haitian black magic is better than Indonesian black magic. And this Indonesian guy in Indonesia is using Haitian black magic against a US President. Welcome to the 21st century, ladies and gentlemen, when even black magic has gone global.
And no, I don’t spend much time thinking about all this stuff. Really.
If you watch the movie Skeleton Key, it says that it would not work if you do not believe in it. But once you did, there's no turning back... :-P
ReplyDeleteWhat about you, then, do you believe in black magic?
ReplyDeleteI don't like horror movies so I haven't watched The Skeleton Key. But I think they had a similar idea with Freddy Krueger - if you don't believe in him he can't harm you - but everybody dies in the end anyway.
cant wait what's gonna happen to him! Shay
ReplyDeleteYup, imagine Fox News reporting 'Bush Hexed'.
ReplyDeleteI won't be suggesting black magic every time weird things happen, but I do think it's possible [well, if it's meant to be, that is :-)]. It's more of how your mind perceive it, I guess. Like if you die in The Matrix, you die for real even though it's just a virtual world :-P
ReplyDeleteI do believe in black magic. But this Pamungkas guy really crack me up!
ReplyDelete