Friday, April 11, 2008

Speak Softly

Speak Softly, Love
from The Godfather (1992)

Speak softly, love and hold me warm against your heart
I feel your words, the tender trembling moments start
We’re in a world, our very own
Sharing a love that only few have ever known

Wine-colored days warmed by the sun
Deep velvet nights when we are one

Speak softly, love so no one hears us but the sky
The vows of love we make will live until we die
My life is yours and all because
You came into my world with love so softly love
I don’t remember actually watching any of the Godfather movies, but I remember the beautiful song as I used to play it on the Electone. Written by Nino Rota, who also wrote the song A Time for Us from Romeo and Juliet (the 1968 movie, not the 1996 Baz Luhrman one with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes), the song was originally sung by Andy Williams. These were from way back when my parents made me go to music lessons.

There’s also an awesome Slash live instrumental version.

No comments:

Post a Comment