Thursday, September 10, 2009

Semester Break

Semester break officially begins on Monday September 14, but since at the kulliyyah we don’t have regular classes on Friday, today is effectively the last day of this half of the semester.

I am having a mid-semester test at the moment. Thankfully, it is a presentation lab, so I have this computer in front of me. Otherwise, I’d be staring at the wall for one hour and a half. There is this student right in front of me whose mobile phone buzzed a few times already. Every time she’ll look at me with an embarrassed look and mouth an apology. Why can’t she just switch the phone off? I just can’t be bothered to ask her out loud. I usually leave my mobile phone at the office when I come to class myself.

Supervising a test can be a little fun, just a little. I can see the faces of the students as they go through the questions. Students do not realize that from the front of the class, or in the case presentation lab, I can see everything and everyone. Of course, everyone is busy concentrating on the test now, but during normal classes I can see them whisper and giggle with one another, text on the phone, scribble aimlessly at the margin of the textbook, steal a snack, etc. At the moment, a female student is tapping her head perhaps trying to memorize something, while a male student on my far left sits back looking like he’s about to cry.

I have never seen a student actually cry during a test before, but I think I’d like to, just once.

By the way, this new blogger post editor does need some getting used to.

2 comments:

  1. muka nak nangis jawab soalan exam? hahaha lawak paling brilliant kalau dapat tengok tu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawak tu lawak gak. Pada masa yang sama kesian dan sedih pun ada -- teruk sangat ke soalan aku bagi? Tak paham ke dia apa yang aku ajar?

    ReplyDelete