On the other hand, I am very excited (and relieved) that my latest Amazon order arrived today.
Amazon order #24 placed: October 24
Package shipped: October 27
Estimated delivery date: December 10
Package received: November 16
Amazon 24 contains Makers by Cory Doctorow and The Clone Betrayal by Steven L Kent. Guess which book I’ll read first (and postpone Anathem yet again)?Of course, everyone can download and read Makers for free, but I buy it nevertheless because I think it’s worth paying for. It’s like taking a car for a test drive or downloading songs from the internet. If I like it I’ll pay for it. While you’re there, don’t forget to read what Cory Doctorow has to say.
The Clone Betrayal is the fifth book in Steven L Kent’s Clone series, a light military science fiction paperback the kind you can finish in a day. It’s the exact opposite kind of book to Anathem.
And, oh, there’s that marking thing I have to do too...
I wanted to buy Anathem last week but got turn off by its thickness. Plus I got tons of books from ISIS library well overdue. Got to read that first.
ReplyDeleteI bought it from Amazon. The thickness of the book is scary I think I would not have bought it too if I saw it on the shelf.
ReplyDelete