Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snapped

My camera is broken. :(

It couldn’t happen at a worse time. The autofocus stopped working. It costs RM199 just to send it to be looked at, consisting of RM49 service fee for the blood-sucking shop to send it to the service center and a RM150 refundable deposit! They said that I’ll get a quotation in 3-4 weeks, after which if I decide not to proceed there’ll be a RM20 return fee. WTF! Whatever happens next, the PowerShot A710 IS has served me really well.

Though the timing is really, really bad, it provides the best excuse to go look at the current offerings. Sure, DSLR cameras are popular nowadays, but I am not interested in them simply because I don’t have use for one. That said, perhaps the natural replacement for the PowerShot A710 IS is the PowerShot A2100 IS. Key words describing it on CNET Reviews are “excellent photo quality for the money”, exactly my kind of camera. Recommended retail price on Canon’s website is RM949.

But then, I often like to carry my camera in my front pocket. I hate having to carry things around in my hands – one reason bulky DSLRs are out of the question – so the Digital IXUS 100 IS (sold as the PowerShot SD780 IS in the US) looks mighty appealing. It doesn’t cost much more too, for what is supposedly the slimmest camera Canon has offer. RRP = RM999.

=P~

In the meantime, how about a random old xkcd comic?

No comments:

Post a Comment