Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Raya


Afi made nasi himpit, ayam percik and rendang daging for our first Raya feast. I didn’t help much with the cooking at all, they were all her.

We prayed at the mosque at Manzil Way. The sermons were short, unlike at home. Rather strangely, in the first rakaat we only performed the takbir three times instead of the usual seven. Then, in the second rakaat we performed the takbir three more times but before bending down for the rukuk.

Afterwards, we had a Raya gathering at Wolfson College, where as a newcomer I was asked to introduce myself, supposedly as part of the Oxford Malaysian tradition.

Selamat Hari Raya! I hope next year we will both celebrate it at home in Malaysia.

5 comments:

  1. selamat hari raya sir....bile nak balik malaysia?sir dah x mengajar kat uia lg ke?enjoy your day
    ^_________^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo,i see.enjoy your holiday and send my regards to your wife....
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. abg... nanti balik kita buat rendang daging + lemang kukus... =) haritu buat... testing2 1-2-3
    Daniel kata.. BEST mengancam!!! =P

    ReplyDelete