Thursday, October 04, 2012
Ph.D
It is long overdue, but I finally started my Ph.D programme last month.
I have two semesters of coursework to go through followed by comprehensive written and oral examinations before I have to submit and defend my definitive thesis proposal, hopefully by early 2014. Despite the coursework it is still a three-year programme, so accordingly my scholarship runs through September 2015. I pray that I will be able to complete it in good time.
Things are going all right at the moment. I already have a potential supervisor with a potential thesis topic but at the same time I am also exploring other ideas. There is one that I am quite excited about, being really close to my interest, but may be a bit crazy. Anyway, I do hope to get it settled soon.
The clock has started. Three years is definitely not a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congratulations on taking the huge step forward! You are right, time flies. But do not let the focus shift, stay on track till the end, buddy! All the best!
ReplyDeleteCongratulation! (",)
ReplyDeleteCograts and good luck!
ReplyDeletethanks.
ReplyDeleteizzatina: likewise.