I’m giving you a test next week.MUET (Malaysian University English Test) is an English-language qualifying exam for students joining Malaysian public universities. Why should our students take MUET when they have already gone through our own matriculation program in English? Besides, the university administers its own English Placement Test, which can be taken in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS. It's just funny.
Which day exactly, sir?
I haven’t decided yet; it could be on any of the three days. You are coming to class, right?
We have MUET on Tuesday sir.
How about Wednesday?
MUET.
Thursday?
MUET. How about the week after, sir?
I am giving you mid-term the week after!
So I may not be able to give the students a test this week; so much for being the master of my own little kingdom, er, class. It's bad enough that we only have half the time of a normal semester in this abomination of a 'third semester', now I'm having my plan screwed up by a totally redundant language exam!
agree with that. what a silly test the students need to sit, again and again.
ReplyDeletedoes that means the SPM level English is not good? or even the Matriculation English is not good either? or "they" just love English more than anything else in the world? or we need to change the minister as well as the whole ministry? or English has become more important than the major course subjects? or i should stop now?
stop now.
But our students like taking exams - not enough with 7-8 subjects for SPM they take 12 and 15 subjects - and collecting certificates for this and that so when they go for job interviews they can show off to the other candidates that their folders are thicker!
ReplyDeleteLOL
And of course, somebody somewhere get to make a lot of money!