Opera 9 is here!
I started to use Opera some years ago because it took too long to load web pages on IE, which also didn't have a pop-up blocker. After looking around I decided to try Opera, and fell in love with it. It has some really awesome features like tabbed browsing, pop-up blocker, integrated search function, and my absolute favorite - mouse gestures! It's just great to browse back and forward without having to drag the mouse to click on some buttons. Yes, I'm that lazy; but it's also because I love those minimalist browser skins that maximize the actual display area. Then there is also the wonderful password manager, The Wand, so I don't have to key in usernames and passwords everytime.
The only weakness in my book is the minor compatibility issues. Some websites have features that don't work in Opera, like Blogger's WYSIWYG Compose function. But that's why we have Firefox!
Now with Opera 9 we can install Widgets, which are quite similar to Mozilla's Extensions. There is also a new thumbnail preview feature for the tabs. Go try it now! Forget about fat IE.

thanks for this . will give it a try. so far mcm best je..
ReplyDeleteCool... and I thought I was the only one awake past 2am!
ReplyDelete