What is your idea of a perfect weekend? I don’t have one, really. Usually at the beginning through the middle of the work-week I would wonder about going somewhere or doing something during the coming weekend. But then as the weekend looms – usually around Friday evening – it becomes most appealing to just laze around the house all weekend.
It’s really tiring pretending to be busy all week that at the end of it all I want to do is to stay home and relax. Why would I want to go out anyway? Everywhere will be so crowded with people that you’ll be gasping for oxygen amid the noise and attitude and body odor. It’s not just the malls and shopping complexes and cinemas, but also the parks and beaches too - everywhere. Plus, going out costs money too – petrol money, toll money, parking money, food money etc. At the end of it I may actually feel even worse than when I started, so I might just as well stay at home.
I guess then my idea of a perfect weekend is a breezy and sunny Saturday and Sunday for me to do the laundry, polish my shoes, and clean the bedroom and bathroom in the morning, and watch movies after movies on HBO all afternoon.
No wonder I’m getting fat.
MOVIE REPORT: Superman has got to be the most boring superhero around, even for an alien, but when I tried to buy the tickets for Thursday the shows were actually fully booked! So, I had to settle on Friday. It was a 10pm show and there were some guys wearing German football jerseys. Surely those guys cannot be true fans, for going to watch Superman Returns when the quarterfinal match between Germany and Argentina was on!
Just as well, I rarely saw a movie I didn't enjoy, even if it is Superman. So he has a son; or rather Lois Lane got herself pregnant with Superman’s child, but manages to get someone else to play daddy when Superman suddenly took off on a 5-year ghost hunt to what's left of Krypton. But now the hero is back. Will there be a sequel? It wouldn’t hurt to get to see Kate Bosworth again.
Spiderman 3 opens next summer. See the teaser trailer here.
__________
PS: Pray France beats Brazil this Sunday morning. Yeah, right!

No comments:
Post a Comment