Thursday, June 22, 2006

Fast Cars


Eat this! (Universal Pictures/Yahoo! Movies photo)

Having played various editions of Electronic Arts' Need For Speed sampai nak muntah, naturally I have to watch The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift. The movie finally moves to Japan; home of the imports, as Americans call them, after featuring the best of Mitsubishi, Nissan and Toyota since the original in 2001. Of course, this being an American movie, the hero is still a white guy; and despite being set in downtown Tokyo littered with Mitsubishis, Nissans and Mazdas, the hero still wins the day in a good 'ol classic American icon - a (Nissan-powered) '67 Mustang.


Wet dreams: '67 Mustang GT500 "Eleanor" by Russ 'Dangeruss' Schwenkler

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Tokyo Drift is definitely better than 2003's 2 Fast 2 Furious; perhaps even better than The Fast and The Furious. But at the cinema on Wednesday night I actually felt a bit out of place, with all the punks and wannabes - budak-budak - flocking to watch the movie. It almost felt like high school all over again with a few boys stealing a smoke in the washroom. Macam la boleh mati kalau satu jam tak hisap rokok.

God, I am old!

3 comments:

  1. Wah, byk tgk movies lately... ada certain movie posse to tag along ke? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous? Just my brother lah; who else would you think? He will start working soon, though, which means I may have to find someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. better in terms of action.. story wise..mcm xde hala tuju je.. tapi puas la kalau nak tgk drifting skills..

    ReplyDelete