Sunday, November 12, 2006

Scream

The topic of the day around the house yesterday was a terrifying cry my mother, father, sister, and brother – though he thought he was dreaming – heard early that morning at around 4 a.m. My sister said that the sound – like a woman in pain – was so loud it could have come from just the other side of her bedroom wall. My mother, who was in the kitchen boiling water, said the sound was so scary it sent shivers down her spine, though it didn’t stop her from peering out the window. Me? I went to bed just before 4 a.m., and slept like a log.

Was it a ghost? That would be the more interesting hypothesis. My brother and I thought that it could have simply been some pranksters using the mosque’s PA system.


I hate horror movies (Dreamworks/Yahoo! Movies photo from the movie The Ring)

4 comments:

  1. Everybody's still up at 4am? Hebat... :-P. A little "mystery" won't hurt anyone, at least life got spiced up a little :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only my mother was up. The others were awakened by the sound - it was supposedly quite loud. I was the only one who missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I was the only one who missed it."

    Hmm... somehow I'm not surprised :-P

    ReplyDelete