Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Fox Ate It

For a long time Opera was my favorite browser, until Firefox came along. The best thing about Firefox, apart from the tabbed browsing feature MS made such a deal when they released IE7, is the extensions. And two extensions I now almost cannot imagine having without are Adblock Plus (ABP) and NoScript. ABP blocks ads and banners, while NoScript blocks pesky JavaScripts and other executables. Both are highly customizable.

So now I don't have to wait for all the banners and scripts to load when I browse the Internet. Of course, some websites cannot work without the scripts, but now I can choose which scripts I want to allow to run. Cool, though it also means that I tend to miss most of the fancy functionalities people like to put on their blogs. But hey, the idea here is about control; seeing only what you want to see. I'd say that it's way better than TiVo, or that rip-off they're calling Astro MAX.

Totally unrelated song (lyrics) follows:
Free Bird
by Lynyrd Skynyrd, from the album Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd (1973)

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be travelling on, now
'Cause there's too many places I've gotta see
But if I stayed here with you, girl
Things just couldn't be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you cannot change
The Lord knows, I can't change

Bye, bye, baby it's been sweet love
Though this feeling I can't change
But please don't take it so badly
'Cause the Lord knows I'm to blame
But if I stayed here with you girl
Things just couldn't be the same
Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you cannot change
And this bird you cannot change
The Lord knows, I can't change
Lord help me, I can't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment