Saturday, December 02, 2006

Crop Circles

We now have a wireless network at home!

I had the silliest dream this morning – the Super Hornet was a car that looked a lot like a Mustang, and some Air Force guys took it for a spin and clocked just under 4 seconds going 0-100kph. “Not bad,” they said, and I was thinking what a stupid dream it was. Believe me, it’s no fun to be thinking that you’re having a stupid meaningless dream – while you're dreaming it – and couldn’t do a thing about it. What a waste of dream time!

Then my mother woke me up.


The 2005 Ford Mustang GT – 4th and Western by `dangeruss on deviantART

My brother had car trouble on his way to work, and was stranded at the Sungai Buloh overhead bridge. Since it was supposed to be some kind of an emergency, showering first was out of the question. I figured it shouldn’t take long, so I just put on yesterday’s clothes and drove to meet him.

The windshield was cracked to a billion pieces. He said that it just happened in a sudden while he was driving. One second everything was fine, and the next, “BOF!” the windshield sort of imploded. He didn’t think that it would be safe for him to drive all the way to a workshop, so we called up PLUS and had a chat for one whole hour until the service truck showed up. In the end, they weren’t very helpful at all – I suspect they just didn’t want to spoil their morning by actually doing some work – so we ended up driving to Kota Damansara ourselves to find a repair shop.


The Boeing Super Hornet – Landing in Motion by *Lesabre1974 on deviantART

And the damn truck drivers kept honking at us along the way even as we had our hazard lights on!

It was a busy repair shop and they said that the car will only be ready at 1 p.m. My brother asked if I could drive him to his office as he needed to drop some documents. He had already decided to take the day off. By the time we got to KL, all that sticky feeling all over from not having had a morning shower was already gone, thanks to full blast air conditioning. So when my brother got back down I asked him, “Where do we want to go next?”

We ended up going to Pertama to pick up my magazine, before going to KLCC to visit the ongoing PC Fair. That’s when my brother decided that he wanted to buy a wireless router and adapter card. I bought a LightScribe DVD writer and a flash drive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment