Sir, when are we getting back our Assignment #2?Today was Quiz #2:
I haven't looked at them yet.
???
You can find the solution on my website.
Sir, what is the meaning of this word [lumber]?I might as well teach English in school. A student, in my office last week:
Timber.
???
Balak.
English saya OK, sir (unlike others).I received Assignment #3 today. There are now twelve piles of papers on my shelves(2 x 4 piles of assignments + 4 piles from the quiz). The mid-semester test is tomorrow, which will add four more piles. I so wish I have a TA.
...
What does “continue on indefinitely” mean?
No thanks to a second round of cold, I’ve been sniffling and sneezing like crazy all day in the office. If only I could cancel the test and take the week off and sleep. Strangely, and thankfully, I didn’t sneeze even once during class. Otherwise I might just infect the whole class, and perhaps even the whole university!
Now, that doesn't sound like such a bad thing somehow. Maybe so many people would get infected and they would close the university. Imagine the headline: “IIUM shut down for cold pandemic”. With the avian-flu scare all over the world, it doesn't seem so far-fetched.
I love marking papers :-). Last time, my students could get their marked papers at least in the next class after the test.
ReplyDeleteWhat to say... giving their marks and see their 'oooh aaah' reactions are one of my guilty pleasures of being a lecturer, LOL.
Well, I HATE marking papers.
ReplyDelete