Monday, July 02, 2007

It’s July!

Classes begin next week!

There is a sofa bed at IKEA that I want to buy but have been putting it off, until last Thursday when I went down to Mutiara Damansara only to find that they've run out of it. Just my luck, I guess, though my father did get that armchair he wanted.

The car is done, with a RM2448 repair bill that thankfully goes to the insurance company. It was in the news just last week that the insurance companies are seriously considering increasing premium charges because claims are increasing. I wonder how much risk profiling our local insurance companies do when setting the premium. Not much, I suspect, which is largely unfair to the public in general for having to pay relatively high premiums, but quite advantageous for us in the typically designated high-risk gender and age groups.

Again having to do with cars, my brother was told by mechanics – of which he saw quite a few for second, third opinions – that the wheels of his hand-me-down Kancil might just come off one of these days. That piece of candid evaluation of the sorry state of the car totally freaked my parents out that they decided that it is time that we buy a new car, or two!

Blog surfing, by clicking on the ‘Next Blog’ button on the Blogger Navbar isn’t as fun as it used to. Sure, there are some pretty interesting blogs out there (unlike this one!) but many blogs are now made only for the purpose of collecting money from advertisements.. It’s not that I have a lot of time on my hands to blog-surf. Besides, having both NoScript and Adblock Plus installed means I don’t see all the ads anyway. People just can’t stay away from the prospect of getting easy money, can they?

What do you think of the new colors?

__________
PS: Ferrari wins at Magny-Cours, and big-time world champion Alonso finishes seventh. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Demam Ferrari ke ni dengan merah menyala ni? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. In retrospect I guess so... it just fits my mood at the moment

    ReplyDelete