Once as a child I spent an afternoon alone watching a very long movie called Dune. This was the time when I used to spell robot r-o-b-a-t. Though I didn’t really understand English then, I know now that it was an awful movie adaptation of the Frank Herbert book.
“The worm is the spice, the spice is the worm”
It stuck with me just like Livin’ on a Prayer – not an awful song – stuck in my head until I heard it again years later at a mall in Seremban in 1992. I’m glad that I’m reading the book now, after years putting it off because of the thickness of the hardcover volume at the school library. The paperback version doesn’t look as menacing.
There were two movies I wished to be made into blockbuster cinematic releases. One was The Lord of the Rings, which thanks to Peter Jackson is now one (or three) of the best, biggest movies ever made. The other one was Robotech/Macross. Hopefully this will soon become a reality, as The Hollywood Reporter reported in September that Warner Bros. has taken up the rights to produce a Robotech movie with Tobey Maguire.
Is it too much to wish that they would make a trilogy out of it too?
“The worm is the spice, the spice is the worm”
It stuck with me just like Livin’ on a Prayer – not an awful song – stuck in my head until I heard it again years later at a mall in Seremban in 1992. I’m glad that I’m reading the book now, after years putting it off because of the thickness of the hardcover volume at the school library. The paperback version doesn’t look as menacing.
There were two movies I wished to be made into blockbuster cinematic releases. One was The Lord of the Rings, which thanks to Peter Jackson is now one (or three) of the best, biggest movies ever made. The other one was Robotech/Macross. Hopefully this will soon become a reality, as The Hollywood Reporter reported in September that Warner Bros. has taken up the rights to produce a Robotech movie with Tobey Maguire.
Is it too much to wish that they would make a trilogy out of it too?

i wish to see voltron on the silver screen
ReplyDeleteThe article also mentioned Voltron being picked for production. Let's hope that they will all make it to the cinema.
ReplyDelete