The first week – so-called “adjustment period” – was chaotic as usual with students joining and dropping classes to fit their schedules and filling up their workloads. It was especially chaotic for me sitting in for the department head. I never gave so many signatures in one week!
I have four new classes with four new sets of students, though there are some familiar faces among them. I’ve always thought that the first meeting of a class points to how the mood of the class will be for the whole semester. Two of the classes were “happy”, i.e. the students readily respond to questions and actively participate in discussions, while the other two were not so “happy”. I hope to be able to turn them around pretty soon.
Last Friday the whole kulliyyah plus families travelled up north to Lumut for a weekend of work and play. Most of us took the bus, but I thought that it would be a great opportunity to take the new car on a nice long drive up the coastal road with my brother.
I have four new classes with four new sets of students, though there are some familiar faces among them. I’ve always thought that the first meeting of a class points to how the mood of the class will be for the whole semester. Two of the classes were “happy”, i.e. the students readily respond to questions and actively participate in discussions, while the other two were not so “happy”. I hope to be able to turn them around pretty soon.
Last Friday the whole kulliyyah plus families travelled up north to Lumut for a weekend of work and play. Most of us took the bus, but I thought that it would be a great opportunity to take the new car on a nice long drive up the coastal road with my brother.


No comments:
Post a Comment