The department is organizing a conference in April next year. Tasked with creating a website for the conference – we don’t have the budget to get it professionally done – I’m reminded yet again that Internet Explorer (IE) really, really sucks. The simple CSS styling tweak I was working on comes out perfectly on Firefox and Safari but not on IE. Why, oh why? Oh well, I can’t be bothered to figure out a solution so @#$% it! Seriously, IE should just be banned and Microsoft burned.
Dirtiest car on campus
My car hasn’t been washed since... I can’t even remember when. I almost got the car washed last month, though, before I took it to its regular scheduled service. Apparently my father, who was quite the car-guy way back then, really can’t stand the sight of my car and complains about it all the time to my mother, who complains to me. LOL.
Now that the season’s turned wet I’m definitely not going to wash the car anytime soon; but that is really not the reason why I leave the car covered in a layer of dirt and dust. Lorries fully laden with dirt and sand ply the stretch of road I use to travel to work every morning, so there really is no escape getting splattered. Everybody knows how incredibly annoying it is to have your freshly cleaned and shined car violated by the smallest speck of dirt. I’ve had enough of the heartache so am rolling with it. The interior of my car is clean, though.
III
I have all three of Avril Lavigne’s studio albums, plus one EP, because I think she’s sexy. :P PAS Youth cannot exactly call her sexy, unlike Inul, so plays the patriotic card to try to get her banned. Still, apparently some idiot at the Home Ministry does think she’s sexy too and almost got her banned nevertheless, and once again the whole world reads about dynamic and progressive Muslim Malaysia.
I’m not going to her concert, though, because I’m saving for when U2 comes to Malaysia.
your's is the dirtiest car?
ReplyDeletewait till you have a look at mine.
tengah musim hujan nih, tak payahlah sibuk2 nak basuh kereta. membazir.
you're sure U2 is coming to Malaysia???
ReplyDeleteWell, let’s just say that I really, really hope that U2 will come to Malaysia.
ReplyDelete;)