Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The Book Bug Bites
The web with all of the world at your finger tips just a Google search away is addictive, but nowhere nearly as addictive as a good book. Thankfully though, a book can only be so thick.
I’ve just finished reading By Schism Rent Asunder by David Weber, the second book of his Safehold series which started with 2007’s Off Armageddon Reef. By Schism Rent Asunder picks up right where the previous book ends. I’m not very good at reviewing books so I’m not going to. Instead, here’s the link to a review on Sci Fi Weekly. The Safehold series files under science fiction, but the story takes place in a medieval society, albeit in a far away planet in a far away future. So instead of space ships we read about naval battles fought on galleys and galleons while the role of the villain is filled by an almighty Church of God Awaiting. It makes an interesting mix of science fiction and historical fantasy. I’m definitely looking forward to the next book, By Heresies Distressed.
I’m now reading Zoe’s Tale.
__________
The package of DVDs I’ve been waiting for arrived on Monday. Shipped by Amazon from Phoenix, AZ on July 25, the package was cleared by our Customs on September 12, and arrived in my hands on September 15, after 52 days total. It’s definitely my longest delivery yet from Amazon, but it arrived, which ultimately is the most important thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment