Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Not a Good Day

Two stalled trucks in Sungai Buloh turned a routine 30-kilometer trip home yesterday which usually takes only about 45 minutes into a more than three-hour nightmare. I left work at about 4.30 p.m. and arrived home at about 7.45. Seriously, there must be a law that punishes people causing traffic jams. Traffic accidents aside, those who cause traffic jams because their poorly maintained vehicles break down should be fined at least RM5000. Why? There are real economic costs to traffic jams and people “saving” by not properly maintaining their vehicles are creating problems the rest of society simply do not need.

Earlier in the morning I found the leather strap of my watch broken from wear. During the weekend the silicone strap of my other watch also broke. What a coincidence! Instead of having to look for a new strap for one watch now I have to look for two. It doesn’t help at all that the Fossil watch has a non-standard design and size.

And my Amazon shipment is overdue.

__________
TECH NOTE #1: I’ve just changed the blog’s default font to Cambria. Despite everything I said about Microsoft, I really like this new font they ship with Vista and Office 2007. If you still see this blog in plain ol’ Georgia, well, too bad.

TECH NOTE #2: Currently on Google’s new browser, Chrome, which is looking really good towards becoming my new favorite.

2 comments: