Friday, October 10, 2008
Best Buy at Landmark
A few minutes’ walk from the apartment I shared with Suapi at Kenmore Square was Landmark Center. It is a restored art deco building which serves as a commercial centre. My favourite thing about the Landmark Center is that it has a 13-screen cinema (AMC Fenway 13 then, but apparently a Regal cinema now) as well as Best Buy, Staples, and Bed Bath & Beyond outlets. Movies, electronics, office supplies, and home furnishings – everything I could stare at when I was bored, under one roof.
I’m writing this because at the moment I’m missing the Best Buy shop. My wireless router is beginning to act up so I may need to buy a new one soon. The thing is that the typical computer equipment shop here is laid out like a garage or storage room. You tell the person standing behind the glass display cabinet what you are looking for and he or she will get it for you. It is not fun at all. I remember spending hours (figuratively, of course) moving aisle by aisle at Best Buy looking at CDs, DVDs, MP3 players, digital cameras etc. You could hold and try out stuff and read labels at your own leisurely pace. It was a proper supermarket experience.
It’s been a while since I looked at wireless routers online but I’ve been doing just that these last couple of days, and have narrowed down my options to a few potential candidates. In the meantime hopefully, the old D-Link set will last quite a bit longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment