com•pul•so•ryI received a letter yesterday saying that I’ve been selected to attend a week-long course I don’t want to go. It says that attendance is compulsory, but attached with the letter was a reply slip with two boxes: I will attend, I will not attend. I ticked the second box and sent it away.
adjective, noun, plural -ries.
–adjective–noun
- required; mandatory; obligatory: compulsory education.
- using compulsion; compelling; constraining: compulsory measures to control rioting.
- something, as an athletic feat, that must be performed or completed as part of a contest or competition: The ice skater received a higher score on the compulsories than on her freestyle performance.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
So much for “compulsory”.
"word understanding disorder disease" WUDD
ReplyDeletehahaha pandai je aku
That could be it. Such is the state that nowadays reading official letters, circulars, memos, and even résumés can make you want to pull your hair out.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I’ve always wondered the difference between a disease and a disorder.