Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What's on TV Again?

It’s November, in the middle of the examinations period, Barack Obama has just been elected new President of the United States, and I don’t have anything to write about. So let’s talk about what’s on television to get the ball rolling.

Counting, I can’t believe that despite dropping some shows from my previous list I am watching twenty-four television shows a week!
  1. 30 Rock. Tina Fey and gang are back for season 3. Her Sarah Palin impersonation on SNL got a lot of attention, but my favourite character on 30 Rock is definitely Alec Baldwin’s Jack Donaghy.
  2. Bones should be back soon after a month-long break.
  3. Californication. Star David Duchovny supposedly went into rehab for sex addiction just weeks before the season 2 premiere. True or not, it was definitely great publicity for the show.
  4. CSI-NY. I wonder how the original CSI is doing.
  5. Dexter. In this third season Dexter has a new best friend, and is getting married and becoming a father. Are things going on too well for our favourite serial killer?
  6. Eleventh Hour and Fringe. Two shows about science gone mad. Eleventh Hour, based on a British show, is the more grounded of the two while Fringe, like Walter, is totally out there.
  1. Gossip Girl. I’m not sure why I’m still watching this.
  2. Greek has just concluded its ten-episode second season.
  3. Grey’s Anatomy.
  4. Heroes.
  5. House.
  6. How I Met Your Mother. The closest we have to Friends (apart from Friends re-run)?
  7. Life.
  8. My Own Worst Enemy. Christian Slater plays a secret agent with a chip implanted in his brain. Instead of the usual secret agent with a secret cover identity, we have a secret agent with a split personality. At the flick of a switch Edward the secret agent becomes Henry the middle-class family man. The story begins when the chip malfunctions.
  9. NCIS.
  10. Prison Break. The stupid hacker Roland is dead. Good.
  11. Private Practice.
  12. Sanctuary. Stargate alum Amanda Tapping runs a “sanctuary for all”. Expect all kinds of weird stuff.
  13. Sons of Anarchy.
  14. Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
  15. Stargate Atlantis.
  16. The Unit. The top-secret US Army Special Forces team soldiers on into season The season starts in high-gear with assassination attempts on the President-elect and the Vice President-elect.
  17. True Blood. First, there is this woman who can hear people’s thoughts. Then, there are vampires, people getting high on vampire blood, and I suspect werewolves of some kind too in the future. People are getting killed, but so far the main characters are just busy having sex.

2 comments:

  1. on prison break 4:
    roland indeed is very stupid. or, are they picturing asians as stupid and cannot be trusted?
    hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us not see things that aren’t there.

    ReplyDelete