Saturday, April 04, 2009

Lotsa Cheese

Last week was a good one. I managed to prepare and give my students a final test I promised, marked and returned them, and finalized their carry-marks in time before their final exam paper this Sunday. Yes, Sunday, and I am invigilating!
Don’t you have Photoshop?
No.
The committee asked me to come up with a watermark logo for the conference papers. We went over the design ideas on Thursday and Dr Ruzita showed us her design skills on Word and Paint. I have only pre-installed Microsoft Office and Windows applications on my PC to work with. Nevertheless, I presented the conference committee meeting yesterday with two final designs and we settled on one. So here’s to Windows’ Sniping Tool, Paint, and Office Picture Manager!

Thursday was also my birthday and this time around everybody knows about it, thanks to the birthday alert on the MyIIUM portal. Having everybody wishing me “Happy Birthday” felt awkward, but the upside was I got a cheesecake! At home, April 1 was my also my parents’ anniversary, so on Wednesday evening I treated the whole family dinner at Secret Recipe.


My Amazon package also arrived on Thursday. The customs clearance stamp was dated March 21, which means that the Pos Malaysia people sat on it for almost two weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Salam, wow cheese cake! when I was in Msia, I really loved eating cheese cake @ Secret Recipe. But now since coming here, my friends' are more delicious. Siap ada oreo.. hehe. Harituh balik, rasa x nak mkn dh Secret Recipe nye. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st April eh?? ingatkn 2nd April..anyway, hepi birthday 2 u!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The b'day was April 2, but dinner was April 1. Kopak la jugak sebulan pergi kerja bawak bekal.
    :P

    ReplyDelete