Thursday, June 18, 2009

Salvation

Just so you know I am really bummed right now. Bummed. Yeah. PFFT!

So, is it too late to write about Terminator Salvation? There may be spoilers if you haven’t watched the movie, so consider yourself warned.

I wanted to watch it, then I didn’t, and then Chee Yoong asked if I wanted to watch the new Terminator – he’s paying – so I did. I wanted to watch it because Batman Christian Bale plays John Connor. Then I didn’t want to watch the movie because all the leaked stories and reviews made me realize that the whole franchise is beginning to sound really tired. Terminator 3 sucked. So the week it opened I watched Night at the Museum 2 instead, which was a load of fun and has the Jonas Brothers as singing little winged angels.


Badass three-part poster

All right, I enjoyed the action. My favorite part of the movie is seeing the old A-10 Thunderbolt II attack plane, one of my favorites, as the main (only?) fixed wing combat aircraft used by the Resistance. Although, I have to wonder how the Resistance in 2018 still manage to even have an air force. Hiding a fleet of aircraft is one thing, maintaining the supply of fuel, spares and ammunition to keep them flying is something else. It also seems that nuclear explosions only make huge mushroom clouds but no EMP nor radiation. Hmm…


Resistance raiders riding ancient Huey and Little Bird helicopters

Story-wise, we learn nothing much new about John Connor, who listens to his mother’s old tapes all the time. The story is mainly about Marcus Wright, the half-human, half-robot who may or may not want to kill Kyle Reese, Connor’s future father. When Reese is captured by Skynet, Connor goes off to rescue him and is fatally injured in the process. Oh, no! :P Wright offers Connors his heart to save him, which Connor accepts. So John Connor, leader of the Resistance and perhaps humanity in general has no problem accepting a heart from another person who’s still alive. In fairness, however, Connor already regards Wright as a thing instead of a person. Whatever. Anyway, I can’t help thinking the Terminator franchise can easily be extended and later linked to The Matrix.


John Connor the scary commando with tricked out M4

Anybody all excited to watch Transformers 2 next week? Me, not so much.

By the way, do you know that the real life Skynet is a network of British military communications satellite? You know, huh? Well, all right then. The first Skynet satellite was launched in 1969, so it was not named after the Terminator Skynet. I don’t know about the courier company, though.

__________
CREDIT: All pictures from Warner Bros. Pictures/Yahoo! Movies

3 comments:

  1. Yeah seems many people waiting for Transformers 2 including me...
    Why you not so much excited about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. owh....I know.....you seems a little bit lack interested about it...
    hehe =)

    ReplyDelete