Friday, November 20, 2009
Astro Boy
I saw Astro Boy last night. I had been looking forward to it since I first heard about the project. At the same time, I didn’t feel like watching 2012 for it being a disaster movie (really, how much different can one disaster movie be from the next), two-and-a-half hours too long, and the science simply ridiculous.
It doesn’t seem to have done very well at the box office, but Astro Boy was fun. What not to like about a show with robots? Of course, nothing survives the migration to Hollywood intact, so it is not a hundred percent faithful to the Japanese original. The jokes were funny and the visuals were cool. It would have been awesome(r) if they had made it in 3D.
I particularly liked the reference to the Three Laws of Robotics. The Robotic Revolutionary Front was cute too.
Viva la Robotolution!
__________
CREDIT: All pictures by Imagi Crystal Limited/Summit Entertainment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



antara 2012 & astro boy saya lebih rela melihat astro boy...
ReplyDeletetak tahu kenapa tak ada feeling pun nak tengok sedangkan kawan2 berkobar-kobar nak tgk...huhu=D
Astro Boy was much cooler and multifaceted then 2012. It got the best kind of references from scientific literature and movies, from Frankenstein to Metropolis.
ReplyDeleteI don't the movie make a good money though. In the hall, there's only me and a family.
Yes, love the references. The cinema hall was empty when I saw it too.
ReplyDeletegua tengok astro je lah...
ReplyDeletemusim hujan ni sakit jiwa je nak harapkan astro.
ReplyDelete