Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Books to Read

I bought some new books: A Mighty Fortress by David Weber, The God Engines by John Scalzi, and The Lost Fleet: Victorious by Jack Campbell. I’m so excited about all of them, particularly A Mighty Fortress, but God knows when I’ll actually get around to reading them. Instead of buying them from Amazon as usual, Afi introduced me to The Book Depository, which offers free shipping worldwide!

Oh, I also bought Cory Doctorow’s latest release, For the Win, to be delivered separately to Malaysia. As usual, you can also download the book for free.

PHEWW!


In the meantime, let’s hope that I won’t walk into a bookstore, for there are also The Windup Girl (by Paolo Bacigalupi, the latest Nebula Award winner for Best Novel) and Boneshaker (by Cherie Priest) I’ve been meaning to have a look at.

Not to forget the books I left at home! I have The Centauri Device with me, reading it ever so slowly. On the bedroom wall shelf, The Walls of the Universe and Anathem (still, from ages ago!) await. Until I left for the UK, I was also in the middle of reading The Malay Dilemma, finally.

Wonder which one of these books I’ll finish reading first. It’s already the middle of May and I haven’t finished even one book this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment