Friday, May 11, 2012

Live from NY

Well, I’m not exactly in New York City. I’m in Long Island, which is some miles away from NYC, attending a great conference, meeting up my supervisor and presenting some of my work here.

I haven’t taken even a single picture. We’ve had the occasional rain since the day I arrived. However, today we are blessed with much more sunny spells. I missed the walking tour of the research institution where the conference is held, but I did enjoy the view during the ride to the centre’s daycare. The driver did give a bit of a tour around, well let’s see if I have the time to do a bit of walking.

Anyway, things are not the same without my other half and Omar. They are coping well, alhamdulillah, and I am really looking forward to be back in their arms. I cannot imagine enjoying myself in NYC without them. To me, that I could do later, when the opportunity permits. I can’t bear the idea of enjoying myself while my Sayang is having his hands full. Maybe others have the guts to do it, but definitely not me. I think I largely owe that to my maternal genetic contribution, as my mother shares the same sentiment too.

Of course, I am enjoying the conference, keeping up with an enormous amount of new findings and information by others, and exchanging ideas as well. Most importantly, I thank Allah for this great opportunity and will surely benefit a lot from it.

Afi
Long Island, NY, Thursday 10 May 2012, 1645 EST

No comments:

Post a Comment