..among you is the one who remembers death the most.
When a good friend lost her husband on their way to work (at that time she was in her 4th week of pregnancy), I know that is the best reminder to me as a person who is always absorbed with worldly matters, and lacking of self accountability.
From that moment until now, I quietly pray for that friend to have the ultimate courage and strength to go on with life, raising a 6-year old daughter and a baby to be delivered insya-Allah.
And yesterday, Mak told me about their good friend who had seizure last Monday and is currently in the special care unit in a hospital. He had stroke two years ago and now his condition is very critical. Considering Abah’s condition, Mak decided not to visit him, although I know they really wanted to.
So, everyday I tell myself, while I’m still alive, I must make the best for the day, for I won’t know if my time will come in the next second. I want to do my best in what I am being responsible for, i.e. taking care of my husband, my son and the household, finishing up the thesis, and most importantly remember Allah at every moment. I know I’m still lacking of preparation to meet Him but at least I try my best to make sure every doing is considered as an Ibadah.
Appreciate what you have now. You won’t know when it is going to be taken from you as it is not entirely yours to begin with.
No comments:
Post a Comment