I went to watch Sunshine firstly because I have a totally irrational idea that I have to go watch a movie at least once a week, and it was the only movie I haven’t watched and would even consider watching. In retrospect though, there really is no reason why I wouldn’t pick Sunshine: it is a science fiction (or science fantasy, take your pick) movie set in space, doesn’t have any actor on my don’t-watch list, and has a Malaysian in it. Well, okay, the last part didn’t really matter, but I was mildly excited (which is about as excited as I can be) that the director was Danny Boyle. His previous works Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, and Millions are some of my top favorites.
The theater was basically empty when I saw the movie. What can I say; you can either like SF or hate it. I’m just glad that people still make SF movies.
Looking forward for 28 Weeks Later to come out!
I went to watch TMNT today because I needed an excuse to get out of the house, and turtles were just about as good as any.
__________
QUICKIE: The worst movie I ever watched in a cinema was Power Rangers: The Movie in 1995. It was SPM week, and we sneaked out to catch the midnight show before the final Biology paper the next day.
PS: I got A1 in Biology.
No comments:
Post a Comment