“The computer has been running continuously for six years” said the police officer on duty.
I was at a local police station recently accompanying a cousin to lodge a police report for a break-in. We were waiting for the computer to register the report.
My first thought was “Wow, the computer has been running for six years!” That’s 52,560 hours!
My second thought was “They’ve been stuck using the same computer for six years!” Isn’t that a small miracle? Worse, apart from a spanking new mini photocopier at the back, the stained six-year-old PC with 14-inch monochrome CRT monitor was the most advanced piece of technology that I could see. Attached to it was a loud dot matrix printer.
I bet the printer was six years old and never turned off too. It was almost like a trip to a museum, at 2 in the morning.

that must be one great (grandfather) computer
ReplyDeleteI just think that it is pathetic that they are stuck with a six-year old computer. We expect wonders from our men and women in blue, but treat them like crap.
ReplyDelete