I don’t do New Year resolutions but if I did, one of the things that should be on the list would be to eat less.
Should, because that’s what my mother’s been telling me. I can see what she means, sometimes, like when I have to hold my breath to reach down to pick something or have a long enough look at myself in a mirror. What can I say; I have a positive self image and feel good about my body. I still feel and ‘see’ myself seventeen. Another occasion that tends to remind me about my size is when I shop for a new pair of pants. Thankfully, I don’t do that very often.
So here I am finally saying on the record that I may have a weight problem and rationalizing it.
:P
First, I am squarely blaming my mother for always cooking too much food for dinner. My sister just doesn’t eat dinner, while my brother usually doesn’t make it home in time for dinner so have his outside. So it leaves the three of us – my parents and I – to finish a meal prepared for five. How could she expect me not to eat after cooking all that food? It would be a shame to let all the good food go to waste!
Seriously, it’s not my fault. How could anyone not eat and eat when you live in a country with abundant of good food and eating is a national pastime?
It has been argued that watching your diet and exercising regularly reflects good self-discipline (which follows that “slimmer” people have better self-discipline) and you need to take good care of your health from a young age. All I can say is that I know I’m a slouch, and I am really not for restraining myself – diet-wise – today just so that I may live a few years longer down the line. Having said that, I have been wondering quite a bit about how it would feel like if I were just a little bit lighter.
Should, because that’s what my mother’s been telling me. I can see what she means, sometimes, like when I have to hold my breath to reach down to pick something or have a long enough look at myself in a mirror. What can I say; I have a positive self image and feel good about my body. I still feel and ‘see’ myself seventeen. Another occasion that tends to remind me about my size is when I shop for a new pair of pants. Thankfully, I don’t do that very often.
So here I am finally saying on the record that I may have a weight problem and rationalizing it.
:P
First, I am squarely blaming my mother for always cooking too much food for dinner. My sister just doesn’t eat dinner, while my brother usually doesn’t make it home in time for dinner so have his outside. So it leaves the three of us – my parents and I – to finish a meal prepared for five. How could she expect me not to eat after cooking all that food? It would be a shame to let all the good food go to waste!
Seriously, it’s not my fault. How could anyone not eat and eat when you live in a country with abundant of good food and eating is a national pastime?
It has been argued that watching your diet and exercising regularly reflects good self-discipline (which follows that “slimmer” people have better self-discipline) and you need to take good care of your health from a young age. All I can say is that I know I’m a slouch, and I am really not for restraining myself – diet-wise – today just so that I may live a few years longer down the line. Having said that, I have been wondering quite a bit about how it would feel like if I were just a little bit lighter.
try to drinks a lots of water... it may help u to reduce ur weight..
ReplyDeletebut then, u look cute ape now. :)