Thursday, February 28, 2008

Electronics Update

First thing first; I lost my mobile today, so:
  1. YAY, finally a real reason to buy a new one!
  2. [insert favorite swear word here], I have to go out and buy a new mobile!
:P


Last Friday my mouse died. The plastic one, of course, I don’t have pets. It worked fine at the office during the day, but then when I got home and powered up the notebook in the evening, the notebook failed to recognize the mouse. The old Targus piece was as old as the notebook. I knew it wasn’t the notebook’s fault because it recognized the mouse I requisitioned from my brother’s PC. However, after using the small notebook mouse all this while the regular-sized mouse felt uncomfortably huge, so I called up my brother to buy me a new mouse on his way home. He bought me a RM15 mouse that came in an anonymous brown box. The thing looked awesome, but didn’t work even half as good. The cursor was everywhere, and the only way I could get it to work acceptably was by using it on a cardboard as a makeshift mouse pad. You get what you pay for, I guess, so the next day we went out and I got myself a proper Logitech piece for RM60+.

Earlier, about a week before, I also finally bought a new calculator. I had been using the calculator app in Windows as well as Excel for calculations since my old calculator was stolen almost a year ago. It worked fine when I was sitting in front of the PC but when in class teaching, for example, I had to rely on the students to work their calculators and give me the answer to any calculations I couldn’t do in my head. The problem was they didn’t always give the same answers.

Any suggestions on a new mobile? I’m pretty much set on another Sony Ericsson, though.

2 comments:

  1. hm, i thought i left a comment. but it's nowhere to be seen. must've hated my suggestion, haha..

    anyway, i wanted to support your sony ericsson choice. been using mine for a while now & it's great. take good pics too.

    have fun phone-shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, welcome -- another link to add to my link list and Google Reader feed! I didn't see any previous comments, and I only censor spam comments here. Suggestions are welcome.

    ReplyDelete