Saturday, March 29, 2008
Just About Time
I’ve finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia (Narnia), YAY! I can’t believe that it’s almost three years since I bought the book during the summer of 2005. That was when I took a one-month trip home from Boston before finishing my last semester at BU. I started reading but didn’t finish the book. My mother said that she’d like to read it, so I left it at home. It turned out she only read a few pages of the book before depositing it onto the bookshelf at the back room.
Narnia is often compared to The Lord of the Rings (LOTR). After all, C S Lewis was a good friend of J R R Tolkien. The comparison was the main reason I picked up the book. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was then coming out as a movie too, so I didn’t want to watch the movie first, as I did with LOTR. However, the two books are actually very different. While LOTR is “adult-friendly”, Narnia was obviously written for children with its overprotective, if not totally condescending, storytelling. Even The Hobbit reads heavier.
So now, what do I read next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment