Sunday, March 23, 2008

These Walls are Loaded

I like military hardware as artifacts of technology; and that include guns. This does not mean that I’d like to own a gun, though. I don’t think that I’ll buy a gun if private gun ownership is freely allowed in this country. I would want to buy an airsoft replica, though, and a real bow, a real badass compound bow.

Anyway, I just want to put up my current wallpapers, that’s all. They are from FNH USA, the US subsidiary of Fabrique Nationale de Herstal (FN), a well-known Belgian small arms manufacturer. By the way, FNH USA has a well designed website (with downloadable wallpapers!) but the parent company’s website is so terrible it doesn’t even run properly on Firefox. They have quite a few designs available, but the two below are my favorites. You can find them (and the others) here.


The first features the FN P90 personal defence weapon (PDW). Personal defence weapons are a class of weapons between handguns and submachine guns. Primarily, they are meant to provide air and ground vehicle crews with more firepower than that offered by standard military issue handguns. You may find the P90 familiar if you watch Stargate SG-1/Atlantis on television.


The second wallpaper features both the P90 and the FN SCAR, a new generation family of assault rifles developed for the US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). SCAR stands for SOF (that’s Special Operations Force) Combat Assault Rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment