“Be more merciful” – that’s one of the comments I received from the students for last semester’s teaching evaluation. Let me apologize first for yet another school/work-related post (but hey, it’s my blog!). I’m not writing about more students who came asking for “help” after failing my class last semester, so not to sound like a broken record for keep repeating myself as they are all basically the same story; but here’s a different and interesting one:
A student came yesterday asking if she could “drop” a course she took last semester. One normally drops a course during the semester for various reasons, typically upon finding the course too difficult. This girl got a B− for the course, and came basically to get the grade expunged from her records. It is the strangest request I’ve received so far as student advisor.
This girl is aiming to graduate with at least a 3.7 CGPA in order to secure a scholarship for graduate studies. Scoring a lowly B− pulls down her CGPA, upsetting her plans, so she wants the grade undone. I don’t know whether to regard her as a very determined young woman or a spoiled little girl used to getting everything she wants.
It is possible in UIA to erase ones grade? I wish to erase the grade of B+ on my Principles of Micro and B- for the first year stats. I think I'm pretty stupid when I'm in first year.
ReplyDeleteHaha, you wish!
ReplyDelete