Sunday, June 08, 2008

Things Money Can Buy

People often talk and write about financial freedom, which if I understand correctly means having or making enough money to not worry about money; quite an oxymoron, if you ask me. My idea of financial freedom is to not worry about money period. Somebody told me that I only thinks so because I am single with no dependents to clothe and feed, and don’t live in a shack. Perhaps, but it tells something that the happiest people on the planet live in a remote island nation in the Pacific.

Other than to have a really nice house with huge bathrooms and a huge kitchen, there is only one perverse reason I would want to be filthy rich: I want to hit people with my car.

I don’t know how many times I almost knocked down a motorcyclist running a red light at a junction, or rear-ended a car that slowed down or stopped suddenly without any warning. Some people seem to think that traffic rules don’t apply to them, while others do not care to properly maintain their vehicles. It is perfectly understandable to not noticing a broken brake or signal light, but to allow all your tail lights to fail is simply irresponsible.

So I really, really wish I could hit them – gently – and then tell my lawyer to sue them for running the red light and not having a working tail light to cause me to hit them. Of course, I’d give all the money to charity.

1 comment:

  1. that's not a bad idea at all! at times i do feel like running over those students (without killing them) who purposely ride their bikes the wrong direction on a one-way street.

    the rich sure can get away with many things.. although personally, i'd like to have more bling so that i can worry about other stuffs, like cooking, baking and taking care of my household (hehe)

    ReplyDelete