Friday, May 29, 2009

3-Dimensional Life


I saw Monsters vs. Aliens last night and it was awesome. There is really nothing extraordinary about the movie although it was a lot of fun. Ordinary girl Susan, voiced by Reese Witherspoon, is hit by a meteorite just before her wedding, grows into a giant monster, and later along with her new fellow monster friends save the world from a mad alien invader. What’s awesome is that I saw the movie in 3D.


Last year I saw Bolt in 3D and really enjoyed it that I started keeping watch for movies released in 3D. Monsters vs. Aliens is so much better in the 3D department, however, apparently because it is the “first computer animated movie to be directly produced in a stereoscopic 3-D format instead of being converted into 3-D after completion” according to Wikipedia. It is the first movie produced using Intel’s InTru™ 3D technology. I saw the movie’s trailer outside the cinema after the movie and it didn’t even compare.


Tickets cost RM5 more for 3D movies for the 3D glasses rental but it’s definitely worth it. Before the movie started they showed trailers for Coraline, Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and Up; all in 3D. I’m definitely looking forward to watching them. Definitely.

__________
CREDIT: All pictures from DreamWorks Pictures/Yahoo! Movies

5 comments:

  1. i'm waiting for ice age 3 after the last time ice age.....waiting for the squirrel again

    ReplyDelete
  2. kau tengok kat mana? berjaya times square?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DVD cetak rompak Caroline dah kuar. Dah beli tapi tak tengok lagi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. intan: Watch out in Ice Age 3 Scrat meets a girl, Scratte.

    Pye: As always, GSC 1 Utama. They wasted that IMAX theatre at Berjaya Times Square. Besides, to drive into KL every week would be a nightmare.

    Izzatina: You really don't do justice watching an effects-laden movie on the small screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. must be a lot lot of fun than before..hehe =)

    ReplyDelete