Today is Teachers’ Day. Since my parents were both teachers, this was the first of the various commemorative days that I learned about. It used to be quite a big deal too; Teachers’ Day was the biggest event in school after Sports Day and Speech Day. I used to give greeting cards to my teachers and my parents received cards and various cute small gifts from their students on Teachers’ Day.
Unfortunately, I don’t keep in touch with any of my old school teachers. My parents are long retired, but my mother still receives Teachers’ Day text messages from teachers from her old schools.
I’ve always thought of Teachers’ Day as a celebration to commemorate particularly school teachers, but interestingly, a student wished me Happy Teachers’ Day today too.
Today, May 16, is also my sister’s birthday.
adik kau cikgu jugak ke?
ReplyDeletetak eh.
ReplyDeletewell I have always thought being teachers means all who teach, regardless the tertiary level...that is one smart student you have there bro..
ReplyDeleteits not to late to wish u teacher day plus happy belated befday to your sis.
ReplyDeletesemoga jadik cekgu yg baik lagi. :)