Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sense of Security


DEFCON lock in action

Frankly, I hate the idea. We should be able to leave our stuff in our own offices and homes and not worry that someone would come in and steal it. Especially here on campus, tepi syurga, as my mother likes to say.

I didn't lock my locker half the time in high school and don't employ any additional security system on the car. We never lock the gate to our house, but we do lock the doors at night. We shouldn't have to.
__________
QUICKIE: DEFCON is [1] short for DEFense CONdition, a system of alert status levels of the US Armed Forces, ranging from maximum force readiness during an impending and ongoing attack by a foreign power at DEFCON 1 to peacetime DEFCON 5; [2] the world's largest hacker convention held annually at Las Vegas, NV; [3] a computer game developed by Introversion Software; and [4] a notebook computer cable lock system from Targus.

7 comments:

  1. if i'm not forgotten..u always lost your padlock masa skolah kat soromban dulu kan? ke orang lain..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm poor thing. Luckily not your precious compaq NB.I could almost imagine your screaming if that happens. Simpang simpang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Err... is that the combination to open it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. When did I lose my padlock? How could one lose a padlock locked on a latch, duh! I did lose my keys a few times, LOL, they were such a drag.

    Good to see you're still around, Suapi. And no, I wouldn't mind losing the Compaq, which I don't have. I will cry if I lose my Dell.

    And yes, everybody, that is the magic combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, neverlikemonkeys, you are definitely forgotten. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ehh..aku rasa aku dah type padlock keys tadi..bila publish hilang pulak keys tu..xkan la aku bodoh sgt nak ckp padlock yg hilang..'forgotten' me not sevven..5 years in the same school..FIR was your best friend back then..hahaha..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. please excuse for my lousy english..'forgotten'..LOL!! what de heck!! no wonder i never good in 1119 back then..;) biasa la.. aku xpg oversea mcm korang..ahakss..

    ReplyDelete