
So fly your Jalur Gemilang my fellow compatriots! Tell everyone that you are patriotic and merdeka, for a day, or a month. So un-merdeka of me, there is no flag flying on the top of my house, no counting down the clock to Merdeka Day, and I dedicate this orang putih rock classic to you.
Wish You Were Here
by Pink Floyd, from the album Wish You Were Here (1975)
So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell
Blue skies from pain
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?
And did they get you trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
How I wish, how I wish you were here
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground
What have we found?
The same old fears
Wish you were here.
Isn't this just plain ironic? LOL...
ReplyDeleteIs it? LOL.
ReplyDeleteLove the song, though. Music now is mostly crap.
LOL... I mean we got our independence from the British, and here... 49 years later, someone who didn't kibar jalur gemilang dedicates a British song for the occasion? LOL...
ReplyDeleteMy over-worked mind just have to find something sarcastic to say, doesn't it? :-)
You just can't play along can you? That's the whole idea!
ReplyDeleteEh, apa cerita budget 2007? Dapat byk bonus ke government servants? ;-)
ReplyDelete"Dapat byk bonus ke government servants?"
ReplyDeleteHmm... how should I take that question? Anyway, government servants don't work for material reward.
LOL.