Thursday, March 15, 2007

Excuses

The semester is over – almost – classes end today, YAY!. The finals will come later, and after that there’ll be no classes for most of us till July when the new academic year begins. There were talks earlier that the university is scrapping the totally unnatural ‘third’ semester but some of the other kulliyyahs apparently objected to the matter so the third semester stays, for now. PFFT!

My sister broke the digital camera during her trip to Indonesia. She dropped the thing while being chased by street peddlers. The damn thing still works – the shutter release button came off – but I don’t want it anymore. I want a new camera. It’s fun to be looking for a new camera, reading up specs etc. In actual fact I don’t really care much for a camera. I bought the A75 mostly because my mother wanted to see how I was doing in Boston. Other than that I just played with the thing when I was bored, at work or at home.

On the other hand, I’m really starting to grow bored of the white and orange W800. I suppose that it’s a fair enough reason to start looking for a new phone, right?


Die, alien scum!

Ah, superficial me! The computers are looking really old as well, but I mentioned that already. I may be a bit too old to be thinking about games, but it’s really been a while since I held a joystick, since the old Sidewinder 3D died on me a few years ago. I wonder if they still sell copies of FreeSpace 2.

What is it that’s so appealing about spending your money?

Yeah, like we really need excuses to consume.

4 comments:

  1. I am 'in love' with the new O2 PDA zinc - the 3G, or the Nokia N95. but it is so expensive. tak tau le bila boleh dapat. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... sometimes just the idea of having something is so much better than actually having it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess once you are in the mood, the thought of buying something is pretty much exciting. But after owning it, the feeling definitely shifts.

    I was once so excited of buying my digital camera. But when I got it, it stayed inside the box for almost 3 months before I actually had the heart to play with it. And it's still pretty much in the box these days.

    Guess it's true then money can't buy happiness, although the thought of it does keep us moving :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, once I got something out of a box, it definitely won't get back in.

    ReplyDelete