On Saturday, apart from watching TMNT, I also sent the A75 to be repaired, and bought a new camera – a PowerShot A710 IS. Since I had been thinking about it for a while, I guess I cannot say that it was an impulse buy. However, it sure feels like it, since even now I’m not sure why I bought the camera. Perhaps I should have known better not to get near, let alone enter, a shopping mall when I’m pissed off over something.

New wall, new camera
Monday and Tuesday, I was at a conference, off campus, which almost made it like a day (or two) off. Wearing a suit and tie for two full days was depressing – a reminder of another reason why I didn’t want to work in the corporate sector – while my mother bugged me about my light orange tie not matching my dark blue/black suit. I also received a call from the office – a failed former student of mine was terrorizing the department staff for my whereabout.
Wednesday, the student found me. He couldn’t believe that he failed. He failed two courses last semester: a course from his major and my course. The weird part is that he had no problem believing and accepting that he failed the other course, but refused to accept that he failed mine. WTF? I would imagine the typical student to have more problems failing a major course rather than some general broaden-your-mind course like Introduction to Economics. By the end of the meeting my voice was already up a few notches, and I was seriously seriously resisting a growing urge to give him a wallop, or at least a punch in the face. I suppose he got the vibe, and left saying something I’m not entirely sure what they mean.
After work I went to watch Wild Hogs. I love road-trip comedies.
Today was a day off for all government servants (which we sometimes are and sometimes aren't) in conjunction with the installation of the King, I woke up with the electricity out. My father was pissed off over the whole thing, somehow. I pretended in my head to be just as pissed off for not being able to watch the installation ceremony on television, knowing fully well that if the electricity were on, I would have slept through the whole thing anyway.
I am taking Friday and Monday off.
wew...nice new camera... how much the price diff. between A710 & A700? and what's the price u get?
ReplyDeleteI paid almost RM1200 for the camera, including a 1GB SD card, and never considered the A700 so don't know how much the prices are different. As I said, it was quite an impulse buy; I just walked into the shop and said, "I want that one".
ReplyDeleteHappy shooting with your new toy!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDelete