Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Speed


I'm gong nuts! (Dreamworks/Yahoo! Movies photo)

What am I doing up at 3.30 in the morning?

Every once in a while – maybe like once in a year or something – I'll find myself lying in bed with a drowning feeling like the three-dimensional space/world is collapsing, and everything is spinning and moving in high speed. So I was just going to sleep earlier – there's an exam to invigilate tomorrow – when “Oh, @#$%, there it goes!” The @!#$-ing world is spinning. It's like I'm on speed or something – not that I've tried any – but it really feels like everything is moving in a flash and I’m on sensory overload!

The thing is once the @#$% starts, it won't stop. Telling myself that it's all in my head (I guess) and to get it done with won't work. So here I am, trying to exorcise the damn *thing* off my mind.

I wonder what it's all about. Hopefully it's not like I'm going crazy or anything; I've been having it since I was a kid, and back then when getting off bed after hours was not an option, it actually did drove me nuts.

I @!#$-ing need to get back to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. I can never just drop down and sleep. It would usually take about an hour of spinning thoughts before my eyes can take their resting position. I'm seriously considering sleeping pills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping pills? You better think about that very carefully, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you managed to get back to sleep that night.

    ReplyDelete