Monday, April 23, 2007

Square.I.Am

Fantasies aside, I have a very practical regard for cars, which means that I am so doomed to liking cars other people generally condemn as ugly tissue boxes on wheels. I love driving the Kenari for its excellent visibility, space, economy and maneuverability; so much so that when my parents ask me about buying a new car I tell them I’d buy another Kenari. It annoys them so much that I say it again and again, every chance I get, LOL.


RG-31 – The ideal family car if you live in downtown Baghdad

Really, why would I want to buy a new car? Firstly, I am, as it stands, contractually bound to go get myself a Ph.D., unless I want to consider an alternative career path, which I do not. So it makes no sense for me to buy a car only to go off somewhere for three to five years. Secondly, there is the sorry fact that cars in this country are obscenely overpriced, no thanks to our ambition of being a car-making nation. Malaysia Boleh!

Anyway, getting back to auto-boxes, another car that has my attention lately (as in the past few years since I saw it) is the Renault Kangoo – ugly as hell, but I find kinda exciting, somehow. The car has personality, just like the Kenari.


BTW, if I were to have a dream car, now, it would be the Tumbler from Batman Begins. But then, you can ask me about it again tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. how about fiat multipla? must be in the same category..is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ew, the multipla is too big, and even to me ugly beyond salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!...at least you are right on this one..'ugly beyond salvation'..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda hate the design of Kenari too, or else famously known as 'kereta kasut'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, we have a lot of 'kereta kasut' on the road now.

    ReplyDelete