Thursday, September 20, 2007

As Seen on TV

There’s a ton of work to do: mid-terms to mark, finals to prepare, etc. so I decided to sit down and watch some television. Nice.

:P

I am feeling ambivalent about Prison Break 3. The first season was great, which set the stage pretty solidly for season 2, which was also for the most part a great run. However, I was rather disappointed with the end of season 2. The brothers were at last exonerated. At that point they should have just concluded the series and it would’ve been perfect. Instead, the creators decided to put Scofield back into another prison, though this time in Panama, and suggested another layer of conspiracy that may involve some secret government/military experiment.

In other words, it was getting ridiculous, as if they’re just perpetuating the whole ‘adventure’ to make more money.


Season 3 – at least the first episode – now returns without Sarah Wayne Callies a.k.a Dr. Sara Tancredi, which is another mystery. Is she or is she not still in the show? I hate all of this at the moment, but I’m still watching season 3 nevertheless; at least for now.

Other shows I’m watching, via I’m-not-sure-if-it’s-really-legal downloads, include Burn Notice (new), Californication (new), Eureka (season 2), and Saving Grace (new). Greek (new) also turns out to be quite interesting, though the first 10-episode season is already over. Many of the old favorites are returning, and new shows are coming. Fall is definitely a great time for television.

No comments:

Post a Comment