I
I spent hours yesterday repeatedly reinstalling, updating, and repairing Acrobat Professional, and thinking that “Oh, shit!” my computer’s messed up when it turns out that it was Microsoft’s fault all along. Stupid Microsoft! It all started when I wanted to convert a Word document file to PDF when a message popped up saying “Missing PDFMaker files…”, suggesting that I repair Acrobat Professional.
So I did, again, and again, and again to no avail, until out of frustration I googled up the message: “Missing PDFMaker files”. Apparently, MS Office had automatically and discreetly disabled PDFMaker during one of the automatic updates. There was nothing wrong with my Acrobat Professional installation or the computer at all.
PFFT!
II
The McLaren F1 spy scandal has just got more interesting. Though I’m not a McLaren fan at all, the punishment meted out by the FIA World Motor Sport Council – forfeiture of constructors’ championship points and a $100 million-fine – appeared quite surprisingly harsh at first. I thought I would be happy to read about it, as it means that Ferrari is now the de facto 2007 team champion, but I wasn’t. Quite frankly F1 doesn’t excite me that much anymore and I can’t even remember the last time I watched a full race.
As more details of the affair are released, it is actually surprising that the punishment wasn’t heavier. While McLaren has to submit their cars for inspection in 2008, they are allowed to continue racing their existing cars this season, and the drivers escape any punishment when at least Alonso was also implicated in the scandal. The reason they didn’t impose the heavier punishment they should – a full two-year ban for the whole team including the drivers – was that they didn’t want to upset [British] fans hoping to see rookie Lewis Hamilton winning the drivers’ championship.
Way to go, FIA!
III
Defending champions England were defeated 0 – 36 by South Africa in the Rugby World Cup second Pool A match.
HAHA! HAHAHA! MUAHAHAHAHA!
Go Springboks!
Not much of a punishment it seems. Ron Dennis cockily said that the fine amount is not much of a dent to his team. Berlagak gilerr...
ReplyDeleteAs per Max Mosley, if it were any of the other smaller teams, they would all have been thrown out already.
ReplyDeletePFFT!